Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GREAT DEAL ON A MIRAGE!; Someone buy this yesterday!
Topic Started: Jun 13 2018, 01:03 AM (368 Views)
Horn

https://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/d/2018-mitsubishi-mirage-g4/6609772185.html

"Hi. I have a 2018 Mitsubishi mirage g4 that i need to sell for my payoff. The reason i have a larger payoff is that i had 13000 of negative equity to roll over into Mitsubishi. If there is anyway that you could help me. I would greatly appreciate it. The car does fine. Just not able to keep paying 354 monthly in payments"

Price is ONLY $23,600.

The big question....who's getting it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dystopiate666
Member Avatar
Tree Banger

This seems scammish.....

Horn

Dystopiate666
Jun 13 2018, 01:07 AM
This seems scammish.....
Yeah, scamming you into paying off their old debt. Usually the actual scams on Craigslist have the car listed at a significantly cheaper price. for example a 2012 Silverado with 30,000 miles listed for 3 Grand. Well this could be a joke post, but usually those are made to get back at a friend and a price is also cheap.

mt999999
Member Avatar
Self-Declared "Genious"

I don't think it's a scam, per se, I think the guy generally wants someone to take over all of the negative equity from his last vehicle that he traded in... essentially, pay off my debt! Who the hell financed this dude? More negative equity than the vehicle cost. You could get one off of the lot for well less than what he is asking. Good luck, buddy!

If anyone wants a Mirage with some negative equity, I am your man! 2015 with 3k miles, still smells like new car. Just took it out of hibernation in the garage to charge the battery by making several loops around the cemetery across the street. Honestly, I have it paid down to $11k, which is almost all of the negative equity gone. 10 year extended bumper-to-bumper warranty (transferable)... :D
Edited by mt999999, Jun 13 2018, 01:49 AM.

Woodie
Member Avatar

You can get two off the lot for that much money, and not end up burdened with a CVT.

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

I've seen people asking for payoff when the price is around what it is on the lot... but never 2x. Jeez.

geogonfa
Member Avatar

:shake
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Horn

so nobody is interested?!

Horn

I do think that this person could...could find an idiot to take over this loan IF the seller agrees to pay all fees, costs, etc to get the new buyer into this car. Everything from loan fees to plate transfer to a full tank of gas. You would be surprised on how people that have no down payment will take on stupid loans just to be in a new car. I'm not saying it is right, but all he has to do is find that one poor, dumb soul that is just lost.

Think of it from a person that has no money for a vehicle, but needs a reliable vehicle (assuming they can have the loan transferred). You don't have to pay a damn thing at this moment and you get a brand new car. That person may see that they they "only" have to pay $350/mo. They don't have to save $1500 down, yadda yadda. At least that's the way someone could look at it. --- Again, I'm not saying that's a good way to go about it.

**On another note. The G4 is absolutely hideous. Either hatchback or bust. I see more of the G4s on the lots than I see the HBs. I don't think a lot of people understand how useful the HBs are.
Edited by Horn, Jun 13 2018, 04:14 PM.

mt999999
Member Avatar
Self-Declared "Genious"

Horn
Jun 13 2018, 04:12 PM
I do think that this person could...could find an idiot to take over this loan IF the seller agrees to pay all fees, costs, etc to get the new buyer into this car. Everything from loan fees to plate transfer to a full tank of gas. You would be surprised on how people that have no down payment will take on stupid loans just to be in a new car. I'm not saying it is right, but all he has to do is find that one poor, dumb soul that is just lost.

Think of it from a person that has no money for a vehicle, but needs a reliable vehicle (assuming they can have the loan transferred). You don't have to pay a damn thing at this moment and you get a brand new car. That person may see that they they "only" have to pay $350/mo. They don't have to save $1500 down, yadda yadda. At least that's the way someone could look at it. --- Again, I'm not saying that's a good way to go about it.

**On another note. The G4 is absolutely hideous. Either hatchback or bust. I see more of the G4s on the lots than I see the HBs. I don't think a lot of people understand how useful the HBs are.
Honestly, I don't mind the sedan version. But I've always liked sedans.

Cobrajet25
Member Avatar

I saw another Mirage like this here on my local Craigslist. They wanted something like $19,000 for a 2015 base model CVT. Craigslist is free, and thus so is 'trolling for a sucker'. :lol

Dystopiate666
Member Avatar
Tree Banger

A common scam on CL here in AZ is for people to offer vehicles for sale with a known title loan,

The ad says something like "pay off my title loan and keep the car, don't want the hit on my credit..." however once the title loan is paid, with no written legal agreement, the car is not technically sold and the original owner is under no obligation to forfeit the vehicle....

Just because something doesn't jump out at you as a scam doesn't mean something fishy isn't going on....when things seem strange and don't really add up...usually something is amiss.....

or could just be trolling for suckers.....is there a difference?

Horn

But this does add up. There is nothing fishy about this. Guy rolls over a bunch of debt onto a car. Decides he doesnt want to pay and tries to trick the next person into taking over his loan.

It sounds like he has the loan with Mitsubishis finance company. There will have to be some type of official transfer unless the buyer just paid the seller every month which is beyond stupid.

What I see with the usual title loans is more with title max and those companies. Usually the person says they have no title, that you can file for a lost title, or it has plates. You wouldnt believe how many ppl in the crappy areas throw plates off any car onto it or just drive with no plates.

mt999999
Member Avatar
Self-Declared "Genious"

Horn
Jun 15 2018, 01:09 AM
But this does add up. There is nothing fishy about this. Guy rolls over a bunch of debt onto a car. Decides he doesnt want to pay and tries to trick the next person into taking over his loan.

It sounds like he has the loan with Mitsubishis finance company. There will have to be some type of official transfer unless the buyer just paid the seller every month which is beyond stupid.

What I see with the usual title loans is more with title max and those companies. Usually the person says they have no title, that you can file for a lost title, or it has plates. You wouldnt believe how many ppl in the crappy areas throw plates off any car onto it or just drive with no plates.
I've been know to slap random plates on a car to move a non-registered car... especially taking one home. I try not to after the truck rolling incident... apparently, plates from another vehicle not registered to this vehicle is a bigger infraction than no plates at all... but no plates are way more obvious. Such dilemmas... as my step brother would say, "first world problems". :lol

cwatkin

Nothing and I mean NOTHING surprises me after dealing with the general public. This guy probably thinks someone might buy him out of the payments. I would avoid this car for other reasons besides this and the CVT as well. People like this do not spend money on basic maintenance like oil changes. They will drive around with an obvious problem as well and the check engine light means nothing to them. I deal with this type of person in my computer business. The world doesn't owe them a free computer repair or buying them out of a bad financing decision.

As for the hatchback vs. G4, I am a hatchback guy. I read an article that stated the US market is much more for sedans and this was Mitsubishi's answer when the Mirage hatch sold better than expected. This is the same reason we have the Geo Metro 4 door sedan. I know this style has its followers but I think it is ugly. I am hatchback all the way with the Geo or the Mirage. That being said, I do find the G4 more palatable to look at than the Metro sedan.

That being said, I am GLAD we have the Mirage G4 here as it shows there is still demand for a car like this and is a sign Mitsubishi is investing in this platform. Remember the engines and transmission components are all the same so a good wrecked one (rear ended) could be a great parts car for anything under the hood as well.

I was hoping for the Dodge Attitude to be introduced here but I guess that won't be happening. It sounds like FCA is dumping a lot of brands and models which isn't surprising based on the junk they put out. The Attitude is just a rebadge like the Chevy Metro is to the Suzuki Swift.

Conor
Edited by cwatkin, Jun 16 2018, 09:14 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Geo Metro Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply