Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
wrong flywheel?
Topic Started: Jun 13 2018, 04:55 AM (102 Views)
tazome
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just bought a new flywheel from napa luk brand? for my 91 geo metro that is going on a 96 geo rebuilt enging, it will not fit on either engine but my old one fits on both , seems the crankshaf diamiter is off on the flywheel. did all the flywheels fit 91 to 97 or i got a china one?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freegeo
Member Avatar

What was the part number for the flywheel that won't fit?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

geogonfa
Member Avatar

Just my .02ยข... :type
You have the wrong flywheel...
All the fly wheels will interchange and fit '89-'01, even though there are differences between an auto and a manual and a 1.0 and 1.3, but they will still mount to the crankshaft the same...

Murf 59
Member Avatar

Yeah you have the wrong one. It should fit perfect. Not sloppy or loose. They go from 89-01 and the 1.0, and 1.3 will interchange. If your looking for one, I am over the hill in Blue Lake and could sell you a 1.0L cheap.

Under no circumstances mount that wrong one on the car. That would be very dangerous. Whats wrong with your original?
Edited by Murf 59, Jun 13 2018, 10:41 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Transmission/Clutch/Axles · Next Topic »
Add Reply