Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AUX Cassette keeps Popping Out
Topic Started: Jun 14 2018, 10:16 AM (132 Views)
isthereawalmartaroundhere
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
Hey, I have a 96.

The factory radio has been faithful thus far but I can't figure out how to make my cassette/AUX stay in and play music.

I haven't tried a regular cassette tape
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WiscoMetro
Member Avatar
Seeking the Science of MPG

I had a friend that had the same problem, thats how I got my cassette digitizer.

In his case what happened is the cord got yanked too hard and bent something inside the player so it wouldn't stay in. Hopefully you don't have that problem though.

Fresh Fish
[ * ]
:(

I hope the tape player isn't broken.

Is there a good way to tack on an aux input to these radios?

Dystopiate666
Member Avatar
Tree Banger

Swap the radio with a newer unit

Dystopiate666
Member Avatar
Tree Banger

Try a regular cassette, you can get them at thrift stores for a few cent usually. I recently installed a 92 Suzuki tape deck into my metro and it really doesn't like the little tape converter, only playing very low out of one side of the car, or ejecting the tape, or switching repeatedly side to side....the stock 94 tape deck was ok with the converters, but eventually it started playing really slow and then stopped liking the converters......

you can get the Suzuki harness on ebay or amazon and wire up a 50$ radio with aux jack, or even go Bluetooth.......I will be bummed when I do away with my tape deck, but I think the time is coming soon....

Fresh Fish
[ * ]
Yes, I’ve found this

http://www.uneeksupply.com/1993-1997-Geo-Prism-Wire-Harness-for-After-Market-Radio-Installation_p_12612.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjrH9vPXU2wIVjchkCh1XFQyhEAQYAiABEgJtdvD_BwE

and this

http://www.uneeksupply.com/1995-1996-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000-2001-2002-Geo-Chevy-Prism-Prizm-Dash-Kit_p_43878.html

Together I think it'll be a fantastic conversion to the interior of this car.
Edited by isthereawalmartaroundhere, Jun 15 2018, 01:14 AM.

Metromightymouse
Member Avatar
Powdercoat Wizard

Unless you have a Prism, that is not what you need.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Audio Section · Next Topic »
Add Reply