Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Teamswift.net will return
Topic Started: Jun 21 2018, 04:52 PM (385 Views)
t3ragtop
Member Avatar
Turbo3 and Twincam Tweaker

Jess Tremblay contacted me privately with the great news that he will sponsor Teamswift.net for a couple more years.

Look for the site to come back up soon. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nwgeo

Cool Thanks Richard.

Murf 59
Member Avatar

Very Cool. Wonder if it will work any better. Messaging and some other things got pretty scetchy. But this is good news.

CrystalWhite
[ *  * ]
Glad to hear it. Was a very good place to get information!

GTluver
Member Avatar
The MN welder.

:rocker

CAMI MAN
Member Avatar
CUSTODIAN OF THE MR.SUZUKI CONVERTIBLE

WOW !! That is Awesome Rich :cheers :cheers

Dystopiate666
Member Avatar
Tree Banger

:drivin :banana :gamerz

suzukitom
Member Avatar
Tom

my laziness in fixing my posts using teamswift.net hosted pictures has paid off :P

evmetro

Nice to see the inevitable get put off for a little longer.

mt999999
Member Avatar
Self-Declared "Genious"

Someone could make money hosting the site, if they advertise correctly.

Will they bring all of the old content back up online?

t3ragtop
Member Avatar
Turbo3 and Twincam Tweaker

as i understand things, jess had the teamswift site up for sale but never got a deal going.

i've been friends with him since 2001 and involved with teamswift since then as well. for a very long stretch it was one of the most active web sites listed on the interwebz and did produce enough income to support the site.

jess always said that he was dedicated to the people in the community and would keep the site up as long as he could. it was always on his dime except for a short period where it was hosted alongside redline gti.

the hardest thing has been keeping the old server and code up to date. the site has run for years without a web master or anyone taking care of the back end. personally, i'm challenged when it comes to that level of i.t. service. i help as i can in the daily operations, taking care of spammers and moderating, but there's little i can do for the server housekeeping.

there were some other guys involved in defraying costs, 3 tech being the only other using a header ad. there was supposed to be a vendor approval system to help with the cost as well but i never had much involvement on that end.

anyway, i'm ever hopeful that jess can bring the site back up. ;)

Murf 59
Member Avatar

:thumb :rocker :popcorn

popsracer
[ *  * ]
t3ragtop
Jun 21 2018, 04:52 PM
Jess Tremblay contacted me privately with the great news that he will sponsor Teamswift.net for a couple more years.

Look for the site to come back up soon. ;)

Maybe when monkeys fly out of My butox...
I wish you lota luck.................................. pr

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements & Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply