Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
lube for clutch coller bearing
Topic Started: Jul 6 2018, 11:26 PM (126 Views)
tazome
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Any ideals on what lube to use on the bearing coller in the manuel trans? the guy jeffs geo put antisiez on everything?? sounds kinda crazy to me so i thought i would ask a stupid questoin lol :'(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freegeo
Member Avatar

Wheel bearing grease.

Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: clutch_grease.jpg (97.4 KB)
Edited by freegeo, Jul 7 2018, 07:46 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Murf 59
Member Avatar

I use just a bit of wheel bearing grease. There is a recessed area inside the bearing collar. Put a bit of grease in it and put in on the nose cone. Pull it back off and wipe any excess. Do this a couple of times. I use a very little anti sieze on the splines and the pilot nipple. Again very little then wipe off excess so it does not get on the clutch. That guy Geo Jeff is pretty much bad news. This topic he did ok in, but the rest of his info is pretty much crap.

tazome
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
thanks alot for the help guys. :cheers I just got my rebuilt engine put in the car today now im going to start hooking up all the electric an plumbing an hope she fires up . everything on the engine is new even the exhuast manifold lol , how can i post some pictures on here?
Edited by tazome, Jul 9 2018, 01:53 AM.

87PCT
[ *  * ]
Allot of people use anti seize on them. I don’t it contains metal and metal on metal just sounds nuts. I use a synthetic grease or if I’m in a pinch cv boot greese or wheel bearing greese as others have stated maybe even disc brake grease. Whoever did the clutch on my car before I got it didn’t use anything and the throw out bearing exploded and nearly whipped out my trans what can you do?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Transmission/Clutch/Axles · Next Topic »
Add Reply