Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
When someone tells you it's just surface rust.
Topic Started: Jul 10 2018, 10:01 AM (204 Views)
clen
Member Avatar
Buy 'Em Up! Now!

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Johnny Mullet
Member Avatar
Fear the Mullet

Hahahaha!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

Yikes! :scared

I doubt that would even pass inspection, in most states.

I think it would be pretty cool to have a vehicle wrap that was done up to look just like that, all the way around the vehicle. It would be for people originally from places like Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois to wrap their new cars with, right after they move down South or out West. Ya'know, just so they can still feel like they've got a touch of "home".

nwgeo

Wow, and they say a little salt.

but... what kind of MPG does it get, much lighter weight, and keeps cool too.

Edited by nwgeo, Jul 10 2018, 12:21 PM.

Horn

Stage 7000 cancer...

suzukitom
Member Avatar
Tom

I wonder if this is the "after picture

Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 650555e3.jpg (139.38 KB)
Edited by suzukitom, Jul 10 2018, 03:39 PM.

Murf 59
Member Avatar

Bummer man. That is what cars look like in SE Alaska.

GeoStalker
Member Avatar
"Chicks dig me and guys think I'm cool."

clen
Jul 10 2018, 10:01 AM

Posted Image
Is this the owner?

Posted Image

cwatkin

This one reminds me of this story! https://jalopnik.com/5924130/how-was-anyone-driving-this-ridiculously-unsafe-car-on-the-highway/

It looks like you can even use your feet like Fred Flintstone!

Conor

PTA2PTB
Member Avatar
I'm totally awesome! I swear.

clen
Jul 10 2018, 10:01 AM

Posted Image
I said to, "Take it with a GRAIN of salt.", not a, SILO! :smackface

ZXTjato
Member Avatar
bass heads

Occasionally a car like this pops up here in Arizona and it stands out like an orange thumb. These cars don't seem to have any saftey restrictions here so I see them run around occasionally. Most of the time as long as it has AC they stick around a while.

cwatkin

I knew a guy from Chicago who had a 500,000 mile Jeep Cherokee. They must salt a lot up there because this thing was falling to pieces.
It was in the 1992-1995 range as I remember and was a rust bucket. It wouldn't pass inspection in the end and I can remember the following issues.

-Huge holes through the floor
-The doors were about to fall off the thing and you had to lift them so they would close.
-Alignment was out because suspension mounts/the unibody were so rotted
-Gas tank leaked and couldn't be filled over half
-Body twisted and turned when you went over a bump because so much of the metal was no longer there
-Tires were all worn out and had strange wear patterns because suspension was no longer alignable
-Burned oil like mad. He got pretty lax about changing it towards the end and would only add oil when the oil pressure light came on. It puffed out smoke badly but made it to 500,000 miles before it failed the inspection.

There were lots of other little quirks and noises from this car but it ran until he traded it in on a new truck. You used to see rust buckets like this a lot around here but not so much anymore. I guess the bodies are now outlasting the transmissions or whatever the weak link is that makes a car uneconomical to repair. It seems most engines will run forever these days with just the basic maintenance.

Conor

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Geo Metro Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply