Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
rear belt locked
Topic Started: Jul 11 2018, 08:32 AM (89 Views)
92MHB
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm sure this has been gone over before but I can't find it by using the search function

The self retracting LR seat belt in my 92 hatch back is locked about 1/2 way out---it won't go out or in

how do I get it to unlock and retract? Can someone point me to a prior thread or "splain me" what I need to do

I did find a link to a brand new OEM one for sale for $427, I think I'll pass on that price
Edited by 92MHB, Jul 12 2018, 09:26 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ptcapboy

yeah I would pass on that too-in the past I have gotten belts unstuck by giving it a sharp pull and then immediately giving it some slack and perhaps shaking it from side to side also-
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nickb803
NickB803

eBay link

You can contact this ebay seller and tell him what you need. Good prices too.
Edited by Metromightymouse, Jul 11 2018, 10:06 PM.

92MHB
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
I tried wiggling, shaking, pulling slowly, pulling fast/short--all a no go---I even tried taking the clear plastic side cover off and removing the "planetary side gears" with still no avail---maybe something got "sucked up"in there with the belt and has it jammed?

I see several used ones for sale on the web, but was just hoping to fix what I have, maybe not.

92blumetro
jack of all trades, master of two

left rear? what color are you after? I just pulled some grey ones from a '91. I have no use for them. if you cant find one on your side of the border let me know.
you pay for shipping and its yours.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Body/Chassis/Interior · Next Topic »
Add Reply