Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Can't find new coil springs; Looking to get new suspension in this beast
Topic Started: Jul 12 2018, 07:15 PM (59 Views)
Conanon
Fresh Fish
[ * ]
I'm working on restoring my 1988 Chevy Sprint Metro with the 3 cylinder 1.0L G10 motor, this year I fully rebuilt the engine and got the steering all tight, The transmission is a sound 5 speed.

So far I've had pretty good luck finding the parts I need in good supply but now that I am ready to tackle the suspension I'm realizing that no one sells/makes any coil springs for the MK1(before '89); struts and shocks, but no coils. I do, however, see coils/loaded struts being sold for the MK2.

At this point I'm just trying to determine whether or not I have to get them custom made (just a hassle). My main question is if anyone knows if coils from the MK2 would load into the struts for the MK1; possibly something similar for the rear end suspension also? Not apposed to a lower ride, just want to make it handle better (at least back to stock).

On a side-note, if anyone knows what RPM the engine's red-lines is at... and where I can get a tachometer that works for a 3 cylinder so that I can read the RPM... that would be awesome! Thanks in advanced!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Murf 59
Member Avatar

Not sure on the springs. I think stock red line is somewhere around 7000 rpm or so. A tach is easy. Glow Shift makes on that works with our 3 cly engines.

freegeo
Member Avatar

Rev limiter on 89 and up metros is 7000 rpm, sprints are probably the same.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MarkZ28

If ypur original springs arent broken, they should be fine. The new shocks and struts will make it handle like new again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Suspension/Steering/Alignment · Next Topic »
Add Reply