Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Engine Vandalism
Topic Started: Jul 12 2018, 08:48 PM (398 Views)
PrettyGurlUglyCar

ok so long story short Repoman came and snatched my little vessel hella quick. I ran outside he was GONE & it was in my driveway but he broke the lock,gate and broke INTO my car too get it out of gear so I contacted my lawyer he repo'd it because I got a 300.00 title loan on it and couldn't afford it BUT he "Breached The Peace" "Breaking and Entering" and he "Trespassed" so they have too return the car and the "Loan" is over with(Their PISSED) so my question is..........Theres a lock on the gas cap(I have ALL keys) but I don't think it's locked so HOW or WHAT would I do too make sure the engine WASN'T tampered with(Sugar in gas,Something foreign in oil) if there is something in the gas or engine will the car run at all? What do I look or smell for? Will my engine seize immediately if something is in the oil? Should I start the car and let it run for awhile & see what happens? I don't trust these people at all & they have had my car since June 27th so if this was YOUR car what stuff would YOU do because lawyer wants me too make sure I do an "inventory" on the car as well as check it for vandalism. Any Thoughts? These people are so vindictive they would pour soda in my anti freeze :banghead
Offline Profile Goto Top

MarkZ28

Check oil level. If uts higher than it was they probably added something. Take off the oil fill cap and see if theres anyything there that doesnt belong, like powder, dirt, water, coolant, etc. Remove radiator cap, look for any thing weird. Smell all fluids. Check brake master cyli der. I would not start the engine at all until youve checked for obvious stuff. Most likely, they probably stole stuff out of it, change, radio, battery, stuff like that. Smell inside in case thet went number one in it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Coche Blanco
Member Avatar
Troll Certified

Not related to your actual question, but title loans should never be considered under any circumstance.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MR1 Kingsbury
Member Avatar
Exp. builder/rebuilder

I don't think I would chance it at all.... get some clear containers and drain all the fluids into them.. Brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant, gasoline, oil, power steering.
check your battery fluid with a hydrometer... service station should have one, or advance auto.
Your lawyer said inventory..... That includes all fluids.... they should pay for replacing them (maybe)
There are quite a few ways to really disable a vehicle..... and not all of them can be spotted.
take a really close look at things under the hood... You know what it should look like.. Just look for anything out of the ordinary, like something cleaned or fingerpriints/smudges in any dirty areas.
Lets hope they didn't but if they did, you should be able to prove it.... save all of your fluids until you know for sure.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Metromightymouse
Member Avatar
Powdercoat Wizard

So you could afford a lawyer but not a $300 title loan?!?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Moringa
Member Avatar
Living BOT

My buddy had a 38 roadster grabbed by the IRS once. When he got it back, it had a couple of washers dropped down the carburetor. They had opened the butterfly, so the washers fell through to the intake manifold. I was the one who decided what to do, and I can't remember if I removed the carb, or stuck a magnet down through the bores. We did get em, before it was started. Me personally, I would not worry so much about fluids, except the possibility that something foul was poured into the gas. I would probably drain the tank. There are things that can dissolve in gas, and then mess up the cylinders or valves when it burns. Something like this is undetectable, for the most part. This is why I'd drain for sure. Anything safety related, like sabotaging the brake fluid could land those dorks in prison, plus a lawsuit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1DCGUY
Member Avatar
Don't be a "Richard"

Metromightymouse
Jul 12 2018, 10:24 PM
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

You beat me to it!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dystopiate666
Member Avatar
Tree Banger

The return...…

Start it up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nwgeo

If it were me I would just check all fluids for anything that looked or smelled unusual.

Wow, never heard of anyone putting something down the throttle, that's plain mean, so I guess check that.

After, checking all things over I would try and start it up and be ready to turn it off again quickly.

If I was really really worried I would try and pump out some of the gas by disconnecting the gas line to the throttle body, put it into a glass jar and turn the car on and the electric pump should pump a little gas into the jar... then inspect the gas.

I might try and video tape what I am doing to show I did not cause any issues if this eventually goes to small claims court.

No fun. Yep like was said, stay away from title loan... I know too when you get between a rock and a hard place and you and family are alone sometimes you do what you are forced to do.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PrettyGurlUglyCar

TY I will do...There was all my Hello Kitty in there I expect EVERYTHING too be gone like change ect ect That's what they do...They have NO life so they take from other people
Offline Profile Goto Top

PrettyGurlUglyCar

Moringa
Jul 12 2018, 10:31 PM
My buddy had a 38 roadster grabbed by the IRS once. When he got it back, it had a couple of washers dropped down the carburetor. They had opened the butterfly, so the washers fell through to the intake manifold. I was the one who decided what to do, and I can't remember if I removed the carb, or stuck a magnet down through the bores. We did get em, before it was started. Me personally, I would not worry so much about fluids, except the possibility that something foul was poured into the gas. I would probably drain the tank. There are things that can dissolve in gas, and then mess up the cylinders or valves when it burns. Something like this is undetectable, for the most part. This is why I'd drain for sure. Anything safety related, like sabotaging the brake fluid could land those dorks in prison, plus a lawsuit.
Thanx I cant believe I have 6 pitbulls and thank GOD they were inside or they would of killed that repo man...I will though thank you :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

PrettyGurlUglyCar

Metromightymouse
Jul 12 2018, 10:24 PM
ok YOU being a smartass is NOT necessary when you could of just sat there after reading this and NOT comment but the lawyer is FREE but that's NONE of your business :thumb
Offline Profile Goto Top

PrettyGurlUglyCar

Coche Blanco
Jul 12 2018, 09:11 PM
Not related to your actual question, but title loans should never be considered under any circumstance.
Thanx yes I agree 200% was the dumbest thing ever but I needed too feed my family and they take advantage of that...... :D NEVER again!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

PrettyGurlUglyCar

Dystopiate666
Jul 13 2018, 12:18 AM
The return...…

Start it up.
:D Thank You
Offline Profile Goto Top

1993XFI

PrettyGurlUglyCar
Jul 13 2018, 12:44 AM
Thanx I cant believe I have 6 pitbulls and thank GOD they were inside or they would of killed that repo man...I will though thank you :D [/quote]You have more pitbulls than I have Metro's!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Engine Tech & Diagnostics · Next Topic »
Locked Topic