Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MPGuino; What and where to buy?
Topic Started: Aug 7 2018, 07:55 PM (377 Views)
94GeoHatch
[ *  * ]
I've been looking into getting an mpguino for my 94 and haven't had much luck finding info on what and where to buy kits/parts or preassembled units. I've done a lot of searching and haven't gotten much luck on EXACTLY what I need to build one of these. A preassembled unit would be preferred but seems these things are just about obsolete these days.

Anyone have any info on exactly what I need to build one and where to get it?
Are there any alternatives?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freegeo
Member Avatar

I'm not sure you can buy those any more. Some people on the forum have them.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wizard93
Member Avatar

I started building one last year using an Arduino Nano I bought from ebay. I had copied the code from a site somewhere, I can't remember where at the moment. And there's a program that is used to load the code into the Arduino. That was where I ran into problems and shelved the project. Now I'm bringing home an XFi tomorrow, I'm considering taking another stab at the project. If I get mine working, I'll let you know.

94GeoHatch
[ *  * ]
wizard93
Aug 7 2018, 08:58 PM
I started building one last year using an Arduino Nano I bought from ebay. I had copied the code from a site somewhere, I can't remember where at the moment. And there's a program that is used to load the code into the Arduino. That was where I ran into problems and shelved the project. Now I'm bringing home an XFi tomorrow, I'm considering taking another stab at the project. If I get mine working, I'll let you know.
Sounds good. Any leads in the right direction on what I need to buy and use would be greatly appreciated.

Metromightymouse
Member Avatar
Powdercoat Wizard

If you look up Rhinopower you can get something that is supposed to work from the UK. I have one but no running Metros to set it up on at the moment. I was also having a problem finding a tablet that would work with it.

WiscoMetro
Member Avatar
Seeking the Science of MPG

I bought mine from Meelis Parajassar at wiseman.ee for €50. It works better for tracking mpg than the scangauge I have in my 97.

nwgeo

WiscoMetro
Aug 8 2018, 01:16 AM
I bought mine from Meelis Parajassar at wiseman.ee for €50. It works better for tracking mpg than the scangauge I have in my 97.
Yep, I have the mpguino in my 94, don't remember who put it together for me. Does better on the MPG tracking.

I have a scangauge in my 98 dd
Edited by nwgeo, Aug 8 2018, 11:51 AM.

94GeoHatch
[ *  * ]
It seems the info on the website these days is just about obsolete. Finding a pre assembled unit is impossible, and information on making one is far and few in-between. I did come across some info where someone was using an Raspberry PI unit but didn't show info on gas mileage (to my knowledge). With the technology these days it shouldn't be hard to find something we can use. I may have to pick Turbo-Dan-O's brain some more, I know he has one and may have some info on it.

JellyBeanDriver

I'm staring at one on my desk. New, uninstalled. PM me (I used to make them)

WE3ZS
World Famous
[ *  *  * ]
PM sent to JBD if 94GeoHatch passes on the offer. :greet

94GeoHatch
[ *  * ]
JellyBeanDriver
Aug 8 2018, 10:07 PM
PM sent!

nwgeo

Now that I think about it, I believe I bought mine from JellyBean!!

Works great, no problems.

JellyBeanDriver

WE3ZS
Aug 9 2018, 09:58 AM
PM sent to JBD if 94GeoHatch passes on the offer. :greet
Sorry, I have only one built up. Well I did have 3 but I donated two to a college somewhere where they were entering a high mileage contest.
https://www.facebook.com/Mater-Dei-High-School-Supermileage-Team-115261861892493/

Zach, check your PM

wizard93
Member Avatar

JellyBeanDriver
Aug 8 2018, 10:07 PM
Hey, JBD! Any chance you could make a short tutorial on building one? Like, how to port the code into the Arduino and make all the connections? If you could post the code somewhere and provide a link to the app that's needed to communicate with the Arduino would be excellent. I have all of the hardware but I can't find the resources now.

nwgeo

Ah renewed interest in the MPGuino I may need another one if I can find the parts and how to put it together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fuel Economy/Performance · Next Topic »
Add Reply