Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted ImageWelcome to the all new Geo Metro Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are features you can't use and images you can't see. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
vibration; shifter
Topic Started: Aug 10 2018, 07:06 PM (55 Views)
tazome
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
hello ther , I recently installed a new engine in to my 91 geo metro an seem to have a vibration coming from my shifter. it started before about a year ago but now its more louder mostly when im accelerating. when i hold it with my hand an pull up a little it goes away. I know on a volkswagon bug ther is a plastic bushing to replace but on the metro i do not know. any ideals on what it could be? thanks
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

suzukitom
Member Avatar
Tom

if it buzzes the lever and it happens in 1, 3, 5 only vs. 2 and 4 only the shifter plate which attaches the shifter to to the trans tunnel is probably just out of adjustment.

if the shifter lever seems loose and imprecise and it wobbles in neutral while idling then there are a number of nylon bushings for the shift rod ends that wear out or dry out and need grease or replacement. new oem bushings are still available. Someone on GMF makes and sells bushings too. I forget who.

tazome
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
it has more of a metal to metal rapping sound but when i put my finger on it the noise goes away, i think i might of fukd it up when i lowered the trans a bit to installe the engine

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Transmission/Clutch/Axles · Next Topic »
Add Reply